Location: Offshore, Ghana
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licences across 15 countries.
Our Ghana office based in Accra is looking to hire an Assistant Mooring Master on a Permanent basis.
The Successful Candidate
As Assistant Mooring Master (Offshore Operations) you will be responsible for ;
- The connection and disconnection of Assist Tugs to the Tankers
- Determine range of docking Tanker during berthing operations to the FPSO/Calm Buoy.
- Oversee and direct Tanker crews for the hawser connection of Tankers to the FPSO/Calm Buoy during company operations
- Be capable in inspection and determination of Offtake cargo lifting gears. Ensure all equipment required for carrying out export operations is correctly serviced, maintained and in good working order for conducting offloading operations.
- Gas Testing of cargo tanks on arriving Tankers.
- Communications between Tanker deck and cargo hose handling support vessel for Hose handling operations
- Cargo hose connection and disconnections for crude oil Tankers loading operations
- Supervise and direct international crews for Hawser and hose operations
- Assist in Inspection and Vetting of Tankers while in operation.
- Contributes to the submission of the post-offtake Vetting report
You will have a minimum qualification of Deck Officer and have served as a Chief Officer on Ocean going vessels. You will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, and you will also be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Knowledge and experience of the Oil trade
- Dangerous Cargo Endorsement/Tanker Safety is ideal
- Offshore experience on supply vessels would be advantageous
- Analytical, Personable
- Must be physically and mentally fit to be able to direct personnel in an offshore environment
- Motivated person who can aspire to the highest level in the Marine oil and gas sector
- Effective Communicator – verbal and written
- Able to work in a multi-National environment
- Proven ship handling skills would be advantageous, training will be provided
- HSE aware and leads by example
- Technically and commercially credible
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
A performance-driven culture that generates results.
A commitment to your personal and professional development.
A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
A culture that appreciates diversity & inclusion and provides equal opportunities.
Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.
Ghana II Offshore II Linkedin Job Slot (SF:LI) II Ghana (LV3_GHANA)